START YOUR YEAR WITH A NEW CAREER! We will be offering certification classes to become a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), so learn while you earn!
Apply now to get your screening completed this year. You must have a high school diploma or GED, be 18 or older and have a desire to work with the senior population. It takes eight weeks to become a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA). Once certified, you will receive a raise to $17.00/hour as a CNA and become eligible for $1,000.00 in sign-on bonuses paid out your first year of employment with us.
You must complete the course and pass your certification test within 120 days, including 75 hours of classroom training and 45 hours of on-the-job clinical training.
For more information about our CNA training program, please click here.
- Day to day resident care duties as directed under nursing staff (RN, LPN, CNA) supervision
- Report all grievances and complaints made by the resident to nurse supervisors/charge nurses
- Maintain resident rights, privacy, and confidentiality
- Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel, to ensure nursing services may be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents
- Assist residents with identifying food arrangements and serve food as necessary
- Arrange resident beds as instructed
- Weigh and measure residents accordingly and as instructed
- Check residents routinely to ensure all personal care needs are met
- Assist with loading and transporting residents to new rooms as requested
- Assist with loading and transporting residents to appointments as requested
- Responds promptly to resident/patient needs; answer resident call lights promptly
- Must take and pass the Nurse Aide (NA) competency test within 120 days per State of Missouri
- Working knowledge of computers and touchscreen devices for documentation required
- Perform other duties as required (within accordance of established policies and supervisors, as instructed by supervisors)
Our philosophy of Love, Care, and Understanding extends not only to our dear residents, but to our staff members. Delmar Gardens’ staff members enjoy excellent pay, full-time benefits, a 401(K) with company match, generous bonuses, advancement potential, and a beautiful work environment!
Please contact Alisa Santangelo, Emily Parrott or Amanda Stevenson at 314-842-0588 or send your resume to: Delmar Gardens South, 5300 Butler Hill Road, St. Louis, MO 63128.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled