Become a CNA with The Delmar Gardens Family!
As a Nurse Assistant (NA) or Nurse Assistant Trainee (NAT) employed by The Delmar Gardens Family, you are eligible to participate in our complimentary training program to become a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA).
CNA classes are free of charge and include a training manual. The State of Missouri requires 75 hours of instructional classroom training and 100* hours of on-the-job supervised clinical training, for a total of 175 hours.
*Participants can begin their 100 hours of PAID on-the-job training AFTER completing 16 of the required 75 hours of classroom training.
Classroom training will be held at the following Delmar Gardens Skilled Nursing facilities:
Delmar Gardens of O’Fallon
Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley
Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield (starting in July 2023)
Delmar Gardens on the Green (starting TBA)
Delmar Gardens South (join our waitlist)
You must complete the course and pass your CNA test within 120 days of signing the Nursing Assistant Trainee Program Agreement.
- NA or NAT employed by and in good standing with Delmar Gardens
- Must be 18 years of age and employable (not listed on Employee Disqualification List)
- Not convicted of/enter a plea of guilty to misdemeanor or felony charge
- Arrive on-time and attend all scheduled classes
- Arrive on-time for scheduled shifts
- Must sign Nursing Assistant Trainee Program Agreement
Trainees are paid $15.00/hr (excludes instructional classroom training). Upon successfully obtaining your CNA certification, graduates receive a salary increase to $17
to $22*/per hour AND…
The Delmar Gardens Family Achievement Bonus of $1125!
Additional education incentives are available for your continued success and growth in Nursing.
* Salary based on prior experience in healthcare, preferred shift and weekend option